new info in blog, read comment on "in pot we trust"
I know a little bit about a lot and a lot about a little bit. Don't know everything, don't claim to. Like to talk, like to argue and debate, hate to fight. Might offend some, don't take it personally. :cool:
In my opinion if it were legalized there would be an increase in accidents while driving and while on the job. Just doesn't seem to be a good idea.
Well, I will not say your opinion is wrong, because its your opinion.
But, I doubt we would see that much of an increase in workplace accidents or driving mishaps.
Jobs already test religiously for marijuana, they would not stop because it is legal. People who operate heavy, dangerous machinery are tested before they start work, and at random times (thats how it is for every heavy machine job ive heard from).
It would be like alcohol, jobs that are that dangerous would still test to make sure people are not working intoxicated.
There was a study that said smoking marijuana had no adverse effect on driving skills whatsoever. I'm not sure I fully believe that, but people under the influence of marijuana do not have the same limitations of their inhibitions as people drunk.
edit----added a link;
http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/...ving/dot78.htm
i also suggest for people looking to learn more about the marijuana legalization debate these two websites;
http://www.norml.org
http://www.erowid.org
it should be legalized or at least, decriminalized....regardless of the fact im still gonna smoke the ****![]()
[QUOTE=Biggin;1782563]Well, I will not say your opinion is wrong, because its your opinion.
But, I doubt we would see that much of an increase in workplace accidents or driving mishaps.
Jobs already test religiously for marijuana, they would not stop because it is legal. People who operate heavy, dangerous machinery are tested before they start work, and at random times (thats how it is for every heavy machine job ive heard from).
It would be like alcohol, jobs that are that dangerous would still test to make sure people are not working intoxicated.
There was a study that said smoking marijuana had no adverse effect on driving skills whatsoever. I'm not sure I fully believe that, but people under the influence of marijuana do not have the same limitations of their inhibitions as people drunk.
How many times have you been drug tested? The reason I ask that is that the only times I've been tested is for a job physical (none in between jobs). If it were legalized as for medicinal uses it would end up being abused just as pain killers have been (IMO).
To those who say or think it does not impair your driving or reaction time or what ever............You smokin the wrong S%#T lol. I know for fact that it does.
crack is whack
hah so now you sayin i dont smoke good enough bud??? lol
i was just referring to the poster that said that legalization would lead to an increase in traffic accidents.
it may increase slightly, but i dont see it increasing any more than 1-2%.
and marijuana doesnt impair your judgments and abilities like alcohol does.
it does impair judgment and lower inhibitions, but if it didnt, what fun would it be? lol
and at every job ive worked at, i got drug tested before i started, and once randomly.
and all my jobs have been customer service/fast food, nothing heavy or mechanical
[quote=Mitesh;1782581]It should just be legal period, not just for medicinal purposes. Safer than cigs, alcohol, prescription meds...there's just no tax on it, that's why it's illegal. Same goes for prostitution for that matter, the gov. only cares about making money off of something like that...if they could, it'd be legal.
They have different types of weed. Some make you hyper, some make you calm, some that help you do this or that. They do all kinds of things with it these days.
crack is whack
Bookmarks